JCL Jeff Conway Law

Travel Permission Letters for Children


  • Other Services

    Travel Permission Letters for Children

    The Government of Canada strongly recommends that children travelling abroad either alone, with only one parent/guardian, with a relative or friend or travelling with a group, carry a consent letter granting them permission to travel. Although this is not a legal requirement, a travel letter can help to avoid complications and simplify travel in light of the increased concern for the safety of children and increased scrutiny by boarder authorities,   

    There are travel documents that can be accessed and completed without the use of a lawyer or notary public, however, boarder security may reject simple consent letters as there may be concern that these letters can be easily forged. The best option to avoid travel complications is to have a travel consent letter that is sworn in front of a lawyer.  

    If you require a travel consent letter for your child in London or Southwestern Ontario, call Jeff Conway Law today,